Dick Cheney got a new heart. The Los Angeles Times reported on March 24 that “Former Vice President Dick Cheney had a heart transplant Saturday morning after waiting more than 20 months on a transplant list, his office reported. Cheney, 71, … has battled a lifetime of heart disease.”
"A lifetime of heart disease" is one way to put it. Cheney's had 5 heart attacks in his life (so far). The first occurred when he was 37 years old. At the beginning of Junior's tenure in the White House, Cheney actually had more heart attacks under his belt than Junior had countries visited.
The LA Times reports that Cheney waited more than 20 months on a transplant list and that --hey, it's not unusual for a 71 year old man to receive a new heart. Sure, most heart transplant recipients are in the 50 to 64 age range, but you can't hold it against Cheney if he got lucky, eh? I'm sure no undue influence was exerted. (Just like back in the 60s, when Cheney finagled 5 military deferments to avoid combat duty in Vietnam (even though he supported the war)).
But never mind. All we need to know about Cheney is revealed in these facts*:
- With Dick Cheney as its CEO, Halliburton was on the verge of bankruptcy.
- George W. Bush appointed Dick Cheney to head up an exploratory committee to find a running mate.
- The committee chose Dick Cheney.
- Upon assuming office, Dick Cheney convened an energy policy task force, composed exclusively of energy extraction executives.
- Shortly thereafter, White House rhetoric was aimed at Saddam Hussein and Iraq.
- Our country was attacked by terrorists on September 11, 2001.
- Key members of the Bush administration (including Cheney, Rumsfeld, Bush, and Rice) began advocating an invasion of Iraq to "protect" the United States from terrorist attacks.
- George W. Bush ordered the United States military to invade Iraq in March, 2003.
- Halliburton was awarded multi-billion dollar federal contracts without being subjected to competitive bidding.
- Dick Cheney (who was still being awarded a deferred salary from Halliburton) and his cohorts got rich(er).
But apparently getting filthy rich by lying us into war isn't enough. Cheney's contempt for his fellow man is so all-consuming that even now, after being responsible for untold death and suffering (all in the interest of the Cheney fiefdom), he has taken to cannibalizing the body parts of his victims.
Appalling? Certainly. Suprising? Not really. He's always viewed us as a resource at his disposal.
Straight out of a Cormac McCarthy novel. What a beast!