Friday, September 28, 2012

Pondering numbers from the Edgar Francis Conant bench


Effluvia from the Hood River wildfire painted a heart-rending sunset yesterday evening.  I watched it from the Edgar Francis Conant bench situated between Tabor-crowning Douglas-firs.  Perplexed.

The yin of the day was delivered in a string of health-screening acronyms and numbers.  TC/HDL, HDL CHOL, BMI, Glu, TRIG.   All of them adding up to a single glaring fact:  Dade, you're too damn fat.  I'm abashed and ashamed.



The yang, on the other hand, comes from a different string of acronyms and numbers.  Ipsos/Reuters, Rasmussen, FOX, Gallup, UPI/CVOTER, DailyKos/SEIU/PPP, JZ Analytics.  Prognostication:  Tea Party defeat and a national rejection of so-called conservative ideology

Facing up to reality hurts.  But I'm not afraid to do it.  I won't lie to myself about the numbers.

Right-wing pundits, on the other hand, are whining and whinging and insisting that the polls that spell disaster for them are somehow not valid.  Michael Tomasky has a great piece on it here.

I've got a lot of work to do to make things right for myself and for my wife.

What about you, Republicans?  Can you face the truth?  You've got a lot of work to do to make things right for all of us. 

No comments: