Thursday, August 26, 2010

Headin' into vacation

Artichoke
This afternoon, I cut out of work and began my late-summer vacation.  Right on!  Time to "sharpen the saw," as Dr. Covey puts it.  I'm going to be staying here at home, for the most part.  But I'll be pretty busy.  I've got some general goals for this time of recreation.

Couple saints enjoying the cool weather up at St. Stephen's Catholic
Family time

I'm going to spend time enjoying my family. Four of my six siblings and their respective families are congregating at my house tomorrow for barbecue. Maty is preparing shish kabobs for the grill as I write. I can't wait!

Mom is also coming for a visit. She, Maty, and I will be heading down to Salem for the Oregon State Fair.

Good, quality family time.

Movie Madness never lets a man down
Cerebral growth

I am determined to absorb good art and literature during my vacation. 

At the suggestion of the Esteemed Mister Frederick Taylor Means (of Klamath Falls) I'm viewing John Patrick Shanley's Doubt (featuring Meryl Streep) tonight. 

Also on my list:  Robert Duvall's new flick, Get Low and the novel The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet, by David Mitchell. 

I'll probably read a couple Shakespeare plays as well.  Julius Ceasar's tragedy has been calling to me for a while.

"Doubt" is in the Meryl Streep section
Nature

I'll be journeying into the mountains in the next week.  And to the sea, as well .  I hope to get a good deep draught of my beloved homeland, see if she won't grace me with a little more of her deep, solemn and joyous wisdom.

Score!
Posting may lag, or it may continue uninterrupted.  Just have to see how it goes.  Hope you all enjoy the last of August, either way.

3 comments:

Ridwan said...

Enjoy your time off brother Dade!

May this time re-energize you.

Peace to you.

Ridwan

Larry Munz said...

Dade,

Tell your Mom hello for me.

Larry

Eclectic Dilettante said...

Enjoy.