Monday, December 10, 2007

Mia enters her fourth decade

Mia on her 30th birthday
Yesterday was Mia's 31st birthday. She's the second of my three sisters.

Mia (also known as the "Googagger") is brilliant, beautiful, competitive, and tough as nails!
She simply cannot be intimidated. She was probably the only one of my father's children who had the guts to stand up to him. (And, let me tell you, that took a lot of guts).


Mia in Klamath Falls, with my old dog, Pippin
She's a traveler, an advocate for women and children, an intellect, an athlete, and a dedicated friend, sister, daughter, and wife. Earlier this year, she completed a triathlon (swimming/biking/running) and, after a slow start in the swimming event, came from behind to finish in the middle of the pack. A graduate of the University of Oregon, with a degree in Women's Studies, she now works for the City of Eugene. She's traveled to Mexico, Italy, Spain, Portugal, and France.

Googagger was not afraid of the apes at Gibraltar
Mia and her husband, Kyle, are solid in their relationship with each other and in the relationships they have with their families and friends. They have two dogs, Chloe and Luna, and a beautiful home in the hills of west Eugene.

Mia and Kyle
Whenever I need an emotional lift, Mia's is one of the first phone numbers I dial. So, happy birthday, Mia! Here's wishing you a fulfilling and happy year to come.


Me and the Googagger

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Dade. I love you!

Anonymous said...

PS. My degree is history...close enough.

Goog said...

Thank you, Dade. I love you!