Friday, January 20, 2012

Chin up, dear friend

Hang in there, kid!
A "chin up" to a good friend who needs it.  No names.

I'll tell you what, my friend.  I know you're shell-shocked and overwhelmed and a little humiliated.  Buddy, I've been there.  Everybody hasYou have.  You've been there before.  You know how it goes.  You just pick yourself up, dust off  and move on.  One of those not-so-nice lessons in life.  No one will blame you if you shed a tear or two, either. 

But don't go overboard with the hair suit and the cat-o-nines, my friend.  Self-flagellation, doubting yourself, your worthiness, your integrity, or your 24-karat heart is just plain wrong.  You're a better man than the people who passed judgement on you.  A rebuke from an inferior is less than meaningless.

We've talked about it before.  We've talked about it so many times that we ought to be able to say it together by now:
Matthew 5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
Chin up, my friend!

No comments: