Sunday, July 24, 2011

Update on graffiti punk desecration

Before
One month later, the beautiful and thought-provoking mural by Jane Brewster, located on the side of the building at the corner of SE 33rd and Hawthorne is already looking much better.

Those responsible for defacing the art were discovered and set to repairing the damage. A week or so past, I saw one of them, a young Caucasian man in his late teens or early twenties, at work removing the spray-paint defilement as part of his pennance. "Why'd ya do it?" I asked.

He shrugged. "Addicted, I guess."

I suppose I should have known.

Anyway, things are looking better now, as you can see.

After
If you look closely, you can see that the restoration, while quite good, is still less than the original.  Nothing to be done about that, of course. 

Well, I guess we could blame Eve. She ate the damn apple.

No comments: