Friday, August 22, 2008

Dick Cheney speaks the truth (with a little help from Al Pacino)


I remember back in my college days when the movie Scarface, starring Al Pacino, was all the rage. In my little social clique it became fashionable to watch the movie over and over to the point where we could practically recite the dialog as we watched. If I add up all the hours I've spent watching this flick, it must surely amount to nearly three or four solid days.

Today, I've noticed that the film has taken on a retro mystique. At clothes stores for young adults, you can buy tee-shirts with images of Tony Montana, aiming a grenade-launcher, stenciled on the front. Posters of Tony sitting behind a mountain of cocaine, or with gore spattered on his face abound in alternative music stores or as prizes at carnival midways.

Monday, the Democrats kick off their national convention in Denver. Then, seven days later the Republicans start their quadrennial hate festival in Minneapolis.

So, in the interest of Friday Fun, and with a nod to the commencement of national convention season, I thought I'd post this old video, created after the last GOP convention, of Big Dick and the Zombie Queen, telling it like it is, with the help of Al Pacino and Michelle Pfeiffer.

Be forewarned: this video is not appropriate for mixed company.

1 comment:

Eclectic Dilettante said...

LOL that was amusing and to the point.