Monday, August 13, 2007

Demon Rove resigns!

Wow! This morning my wife and I were driving to work when I heard the news that nearly dropped my cookies: Karl Rove is resigning at the end of the month!

My first reaction was one of wild optimism: Is he resigning in anticipation of a damning accusation (or possibly even an indictment) that has been heretofore hidden from the public? After all, there are plenty of ugly potential scandals floating around that have Karl Rove's name attached to them: caging lists, Plamegate, or the US Attorney Scandal, to name but a few.

But, you know, I just never get that lucky.

More likely, Rove, Josh Bolten, Cheney, and the myriad of lawyers that surround poor, bumbling Junior have determined that the best way to protect themselves from Congressional investigations and constitutional machinations is for Rove to no longer be a part of the administration.

I'm afraid Karl Rove will just move off the front page and become more of a hidden hand a la Henry Kissinger. But a guy can still dream, can't he?


Since the inauguration of the Democratic congress, my hopes have slowly ebbed as I've watched placators and hacks like Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, and Steny Hoyer steadfastly refuse to confront the adminstration on its obvious lies and impeachable offenses. Even John Conyers has buckled.

You know, if the people don't care enough about this republic and the principles of personal freedom, benevolent society, and law and order, it is doomed. There will be a certain tragic, but poetic and certainly inevitable, justice to the whole sordid epic. Que sera, sera.

2 comments:

Ridwan said...

I was wondering the same Dave. Why the hell is he resigning now? What is he trying to hide or distance himself from?

I am hoping that he will be arrested one day in a country out there that wants to see him put to trial.

Of course this is what Kissinger faces and he has yet to be caught.

But they did get Pinochet hey. Although it was way too late.

Good post man.

Best wishes.

Peace,
Ridwan

Ridwan said...

oops forgive me brother ... I meant to write Dade.

Sorry.

:0)

Ridwan