Determining Your Place in the Universe
AbstractYou can approach enlightenment by accepting what must be.
PrerequisitesLive for enough years to understand that you are not the prime element in an infinite and (perhaps indifferent) Universe.
- Contemplate instances of triumph and defeat in your life.
Note: This may lead to unsettling revelations about one’s existence.
- Realize that these events came about because of the infinite circumstances that defined each moment.
Free will was not involved.
- Read Tolstoy's War and Peace.
- Examine Tolstoy's portrayal of Napoleon Bonaparte.
- Contrast the world views of Pierre Bezukhov and Prince Bolkonsky.
|If you want to ...||Read...|
|Laugh||Blood Meridian (Cormac McCarthy)|
|Cry||The Mysterious Stranger (Mark Twain)|
|Rage at the injustice of it||Moby Dick (Herman Melville)|
Your consciousness should approach that depicted in Figure 1.
Figure 1. New Awareness
For More InformationConsult the following writings: