|One ring to rule them all... yadda, yadda, yadda.|
Everybody's a Tolkien fan nowadays.
Not to get all "Old Guard" on you, but I've been hip to Middle Earth since way back when Tolkien himself was still among the living. So, you'll forgive me if I let fly a derisive snort at people who maybe, you know, went to see Peter Jackson's travesty and think that that qualifies them as Tolkien aficionados.
Fortunately, real Tolkien fans have certain innate tools at our disposal. (Innate, I tell you!) If you can correctly answer these questions, you are one of us.
Answers below. No cheating! If you cheat, I'll know. I've upgraded from palantíri to full-on Manwë VisionTM!
|Galadriel: Stuck up wench!|
1. Which one of the following was turned away by the doorman at Túna's exclusive Noldor-only nightclub, The Mingled Light?
|Dwarven jam session|
|"Sorry, babe. Dad says we should wait."|
- my hand.
- your clothes.
- my aspirations.
- more than he can chew.
|Fingolfin to Morgoth: "Dude, be mellow!"|
4. Morgoth is to Sauron like Dick Cheney is to...
- Junior Bush.
- artificial heart technology.
- light, life, and happiness.
- It's a poor analogy. Morgoth had some redeeming qualities!
|Okay, so maybe he's an insufferable prude. But nobody makes cheese blintzes like good ol' Manwë.|
1. Olwë. You know those Noldor, eh? Teleri just don't fit in with the beautiful people. The good news is that Mingled Light kitchen staff needed a dishwasher, so Olwë did make it in the door. The backdoor.
2. Trick answer! It was Balin. Dude got so high he lost track of where he was going and ended up in a very bad neighborhood: Post-Durin Moria!
3. Beren lost his hand. His tossin' hand at that. No worries, though. He and Lúthien got set up in a cottage in Ossiriand. Nice and private. Heh.
4. Junior. Except, unlike Junior, Sauron is not an idiot.
Update: UnitFour's comment is incorrect! Olwë was Thingol's little brother. When the Teleri couldn't find Thingol ('cause he was out "doing" Melian), Olwë led them to Aman in Thingol's stead. And all this time, I thought UnitFour was one of us...